Gus Brown Answers the Question: "Do You Always Need an Attorney?"
"When You Have An Accident, Do You Always Need an Attorney?" This question is one we frequently encounter. It is understandable — in the world of on-line and TV ads — that the general public is confused on the subject!
In response, Brown, Brown & Young principal member Augustus F. "Gus" Brown has written an informative and useful guide, to help our clients and friends make and resolve a claim for injury arising from an accident. Gus has assembled important information, identifying factors that might indicate that an attorney’s services may not be not necessary when you have had a motor vehicle accident.
Among other topics, Gus covers:
• How to identify whether the compensation you may receive covers the expenses of representation.
• How to check out your benefits.
• What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP — sometimes referred to as No-Fault).
• How to use your Medical Payment (Med-Pay) coverage.
• What is the difference between Collision coverage and Uninsured Motorist coverage.
• How to calculate property damage.
• Time factors.
• Working with the Liability Insurance Company.
• The doctrine of contributory negligence and how it might affect you.
• How to get help from Medicare or Medicaid.
• How to reach a settlement.
• Subrogation and how it works.
To download Gus's monograph, select this link.